Olivia Grace Paperie

Hello!

Welcome to the Olivia Grace Paperie Blog, it's nice to meet you! I am Stacy and this is where I share all of my ideas, design inspiration, craft ideas and all of life's happenings.

Wednesday, October 19

Birthday Project #1 {Tulle Pom Poms}


The first project on my list is tulle pom poms. Last year I made the tissue paper ones, but this year I wanted something new. These look a lot harder to make than they actually are. I followed this tuturial and it was super easy to follow. I did a small one first, like the one on her site. But I wanted BIG ones to hang, so I cut the template out of a cardboard box and made it about 10" in diameter. You want to keep the center hole on the small side, as I learned.

I doubled my tulle and worked with about 6 yards at a time and wrapped it until it was all covered. It may take a few times to get it down. After doing three of them, I can do them quickly now. These can be made using different methods, but I am pretty happy with this way. Using the two cardboard pieces keeps everything round and in place.

I will be using mine to hang over the food tables and hanging from trees in the backyard at Olivia's 2nd birthday. :)  After using them, they would be so cute hanging in her room or you could easily re-use them.

I will post more pictures of this when my pink and blue tulle arrives this week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am a new follower would you be so kind & follow me back, thanks :)

    Tara

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Theme Design © Mod Melon Creative